A day in the perfect life 


That picture is not me, but someone I got to serve with today.

When I'd organize mission trips and plan out days, I actually rarely got to be hands on unless you count making breakfast, lunch, and dinner for everyone. I loved hearing about their days and enjoying their excitement when they'd say "it was the best day of my life". In the strangest way, I'd be so happy to know I'd have some small part in "their best day ever".

As I ask myself every day, " if money were no object and your calender was clear, what would you do? " my answer is usually a walk or time with friends or time by the water or reading or a bike ride.

 Today, as I was sitting with some really awesome kids I thought if I could do anything right now, this would be it! I'd spend my day dancing with kids and clapping to music as they bounced beach balls and laughed and smiled. I'd set up crafts and games and watch them run and laugh. I'd sit and color with markers and ask them about their lives. I'd see their smiles and reflect mine right back at them.

I had the perfect day, maybe even one of the best of life.

If I could have been anywhere, there was no place I'd rather be.


Comments