It's almost done!

I’ve visited this “lot” more times than I could even tell you.  I’ve had days when the world seemed just too big and I’d visit it.  When life seemed too much and that there is something that needs to be done in the world, I’d visit and pray and dream and hear the sound of children’s laughter at this space.
Today as the volunteers left and I looked at the lot that is now a park, I just am in awe that God would choose me to serve on this project.  This project has humbled me, made me feel so small in the world, and yet like my life matters at the same time, like somehow I wasn’t a mistake. 
I love this project, all that it has become, even though my place in it was small.  I showed up with water, washed gloves, raised some money, but others did way more than me, but I am so happy to be a part of this!  I even helped put in the sprinkler system.  Mostly I prayed about this project.  I prayed when pulling the original weeds, prayed walking around it, I’ve prayed for those working on it, and prayed for those who will use it.  I’ve prayed for the community around it. 
I’m so thankful for my friends who have helped, traveled, lead projects, pulled weeds, knocked down trees, prayed, worshipped with me, prayed with me, it’s been an amazing journey and a stretch in my faith. 
I’m thankful that I will have a place to come pray, to hear the giggles that I once imagined.  That kids will have a place to play, and grow, and dream.  



Comments