Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, July 15, 2017

Relaxing leads to peace and I'm loving it


As I pulled out of Target following getting my nails done, I found myself with a rumbly in my tumbly as Winnie The Pooh would say.  I have been working on resting and quiet and peace.  I’ve been clearing my calender and taking care of me and my house. 
I had decided earlier in the week that I would not be getting “fast” food any longer and wouldn’t rush into a meal.  I'm moving from the fast paced life to a much slower pace.  This includes eating.  This new habit has a lot of deprogramming to do in my daily life.  This seems like a great idea until you’re driving in youre car and you’re hungry.  This has happened to me a couple times since I made the decision.  At this point, I was about a half hour from home, and there is no reason why I couldn’t wait until I got home.   So I did : )  I felt like a champion who won the first round of a fight there is no way they can lose.

I was working around the yard this morning and I noticed something.  I did one thing. I worked on the yard. I focused on… working on the yard.  I thought about the yard…  I worked on one thing… it was weird.
At one point I noticed a beautiful sound. The sound of nothing.  Not a million thoughts going around in my head. It was a sound that was strange for me.   Usually thoughts spiral in my head like a tornado and I pull them out each as I need them.  Some days it seems like I’m gonna implode.  Today, I stopped and listened, took a deep breath and thought “so this is what peace in the every day feels like”.

I never realized how this felt.  It’s great! 
I don’t regret all I’ve done and accomplished but I am looking forward to a life of focus on people not accomplishing, relationship over long lists followed by check marks.  I am looking forward to taking good care of the life that God has entrusted me with, I am looking forward to loving people well, every day, at a much slower pace.




No comments: