Relaxing leads to peace and I'm loving it


As I pulled out of Target following getting my nails done, I found myself with a rumbly in my tumbly as Winnie The Pooh would say.  I have been working on resting and quiet and peace.  I’ve been clearing my calender and taking care of me and my house. 
I had decided earlier in the week that I would not be getting “fast” food any longer and wouldn’t rush into a meal.  I'm moving from the fast paced life to a much slower pace.  This includes eating.  This new habit has a lot of deprogramming to do in my daily life.  This seems like a great idea until you’re driving in youre car and you’re hungry.  This has happened to me a couple times since I made the decision.  At this point, I was about a half hour from home, and there is no reason why I couldn’t wait until I got home.   So I did : )  I felt like a champion who won the first round of a fight there is no way they can lose.

I was working around the yard this morning and I noticed something.  I did one thing. I worked on the yard. I focused on… working on the yard.  I thought about the yard…  I worked on one thing… it was weird.
At one point I noticed a beautiful sound. The sound of nothing.  Not a million thoughts going around in my head. It was a sound that was strange for me.   Usually thoughts spiral in my head like a tornado and I pull them out each as I need them.  Some days it seems like I’m gonna implode.  Today, I stopped and listened, took a deep breath and thought “so this is what peace in the every day feels like”.

I never realized how this felt.  It’s great! 
I don’t regret all I’ve done and accomplished but I am looking forward to a life of focus on people not accomplishing, relationship over long lists followed by check marks.  I am looking forward to taking good care of the life that God has entrusted me with, I am looking forward to loving people well, every day, at a much slower pace.




Comments