Restoration

Picture from here
I have been asking God to restore what is broken in my life.  It has been crazy the things He is bringing to the light that I’ve never really talked about.  It hasn’t been easy but I’ve been open and honest about what has happened and what He is doing.

When I went to Uganda God really laid on my heart to talk about some things that I just never really talked about.  It was hard and freeing at the same time.

When I was younger I was sexually assaulted, I will not go in to all the detail of that mess, but it was something that I buried really deep because I was told no one would believe me anyway.  A few years ago, it came to the light, and I talked about it and received healing from it. It wasn’t easy or pretty but like all things hard and ugly, it was worth it.
Just 3 days I talked about restoration at the Soup Kitchen and how God can restore the things in our lives that someone has taken from us.  I talked about how in 2 Cor 13 Paul says “I’m coming to you for the third time” and I laughed because God often needs to tell me things over and over again.  2, 3, or even 100 times.  I talked about how in Eph 2:10 NLT it says God says we are His masterpiece, and no one can take that away from us. 

The thing about restoration is that the original item is worn down, and sometimes broken, but when it is restored, it is fully functional, and sometimes with a different purpose, and it’s beautiful!

Just yesterday I went out on a date with someone and they literally reached across and grabbed my breast and I was shocked and appalled.  Needless to say I got myself out of that situation, quickly at that.  I am not sure at what point in society we have made it seem ok, that it is ok to have a complete lack of self-control, but it is not.

Two years ago, even though uncomfortable, I might have laughed that off if it happened to me, I might have stayed in that situation because I felt sick and had a lack of self worth, and clearly, I did not feel like any masterpiece, let along HIS masterpiece.

I’d really like to encourage anyone that if you are stuck, ask God, beg Him, whatever it takes, for restoration in the broken parts of your life!  It might seem like the pain to fix the issue is unbearable, but I think what’s worse is the pain of staying broken. 

Don’t stay captive to hurt that holds you when YOU have COMPLETE access to the healing that will free you!

John 8:36  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Comments

Pat said…
What a beautiful, from the very heart of you post. I'm wiping the tears as I read it. It is never to late to be restored, look how lovely antique furniture takes on a shiny patina when polished. Your are so precious to me.