Roma Cafe


Two iced teas

Defending Alex when someone wasn’t nice

I expect you to do better

I know you’re sweet enough, but how about dessert?

With a foundation like that you can’t  go wrong

Million dollar baby

We will make you whatever you want

Meeting Kurt Maltby

Ketchup

“you can’t get chicken nuggets there, you can get spaghetti” (Phyllis telling her friends)

100 cherries in the bottom of a glass of pepsi

The best salad ever!

Do you have a place?  Like that place where everyone knows you and you feel like you’re loved when you walk in the door?
It was more than just delicious food for us, though the food was delicious.  It was the place we celebrated everything.  Birthdays, graduations, mission trips, putting in bathroom sinks.  It’s the place I took my friends, my co-workers. 

It was our go to place. Roma Café.

We literally have 100s of memories there. 
Rarely did I go on a Tuesday because my waiter, my very favorite waiter, who became someone I loved and cared about, wasn’t there on Tuesdays.  No one makes a salad like Sammy. No one.
I can’t even explain how a building, became a place that felt like home, but I guess after 20 years and countless celebrations, places filled with people you care about, it just happens.  I’ve prayed for the people who became friends over the years.  I’ve prayed for the business. 

I’ve sat across the table from friends and even been told by people who love me, “that guy is a jerk, you shouldn’t date him” HA! 
I am so thankful that on the way to my Africa trip, we stopped there for lunch one last time, even though we didn’t know it was going to be the last time. 

I’m so thankful and so sad, I don’t even know how to explain it, I wish I had one more time, to hug them, to tell them all how much they mean to me, how happy I am for the next chapter in their lives, and how thankful I am that they have written stories on the pages of our lives.
Thank you Roma Café!

Love and Pasta!

Comments