Foggy

Photo from here
Its foggy outside which always slows me down.  

When it's foggy I think about when I went to Terre Haute to see my friend and it was foggy and I couldn't get anywhere I wanted to be.  Now that's foggy.  Could barely see the front of my car.

Fog changes my perspective.

I don't try to see what's far off in the distance, I only focus on what is in front of my face at that very moment (and that's a good thing because a fawn ran out in front of the car in front of me while driving today).  Fog reminds me that I don't always need to see "the big picture" we need to focus on what God has set before me.

Fog makes me thankful.

It makes me see the things in front of me and count my blessings.  Thankfulness.  It precedes the miracle (Ann VosKamp).  I have read that it is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are thankful.  Well, isn't that the truth.  When I focus on the things I am thankful for, it changes my mood, my countenance. 

I believe that the little things that I (we) do in my (our) life changes the bigger picture, the love I live today is magnified in the long haul.  Being faithful in love isn't always easy, sure, sometimes it is, but sometimes it's hard and inconvenient, and not always well received, but that doesn't change the fact that it is what God has called me to do.

Today I will remember to love people right where they are, in the smallest of things.

Today, fog makes me thankful as it reminds me to slow down (rest) and why it is so very important. 

1 Corinthians 13:12The Message (MSG)
12 We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

Comments