Here I go... again!

It's been a couple of crazy weeks. I've had to fight hard for time to take care of myself. But fight I did. I didn't get to write as much as I liked, but I assure you, I took care of myself. 


I signed up to be involved in youth ministry at my church this summer. I actually put a lot of feelers out trying to figure out how I should serve other than showing up with baked goods once a month. 

Of all the things I signed up to check out, only one has really felt... right. 

Except. 

It seemed like a rough start for me. I wanted to be involved but I know I'm a weird church mom type and the mom types aren't as cool as someone who plays basketball or talks about the latest athletic shoes. I just don't expect kids to pick me first to hang out with. 

But you know what I know? 

No one loves like a momma. 

No one prays like a momma. 

And so... I've been praying. God open doors where you want our team to go. Go before us to prepare the way. Light the path Lord, really bright Lord, because we need to see it! 

Today our leaders told us about a great opportunity and I'm so excited!!! I'm really careful about my time as to stay in what God has for me to do but seriously... so excited!

I'm excited about our current plan and how God will use me in our church and the city and the lives of "my" new kids!

I love youth ministry. Love it! And I'm excited to use my gifts and maybe be stretched in the process!

I was made for such a time as this!!


Comments