Homemade Christmas!

I've been talking a lot to people about "homemade Christmas"

I did it 2 years ago and I wondered if people thought it was dumb or if they liked it or if they thought I "cheaped out" or if they realized the value of my time when I made something.

I always say "you can always make more money" but the truth is you can never get more time.  My time is valuable.  It often seems like its scarce. 

In 2015 I did homemade Christmas. I made peach jam and apple butter along with homemade biscuit mix.  I gave out my homemade taco seasoning.  It was fun to make these things, it was A LOT of work but I think worth it.

In 2016 I was too busy and did normal Christmas and spent a lot of money but not a lot of time and I had some guilt about it.

As 2017 Christmas comes closer, I've got blueberry jam made and peach jam and apple butter on the brain.  Requests for taco seasoning.  Thinking about hot chocolate again too!  And there is always cookies!  And gifts of Redbox codes and popcorn!

I'm pretty excited about homemade Christmas again this year!  Hopefully all the recipients are too!

What's your favorite homemade gift you give or have received?

What do you think about Homemade Christmas?

Comments