MBK Tuesday Night

Proverbs 3 1-6

My son, do
not forget my teaching,


    but
keep my commands in your heart,


for they will prolong your life many years

    and
bring you peace and prosperity.

Let love and
faithfulness never leave you;


    bind
them around your neck,


    write
them on the tablet of your heart.


Then you will win favor and a good name

    in
the sight of God and man.

Trust in the Lord with all
your heart


    and
lean not on your own understanding;


in all your ways submit to him,

    and
he will make your paths straight.[
a]



On Friday I was at a Good Ole Fashioned Tent Rival!  I had talked to my dad on my way to the event, and then he called me and told me
a joke. To be honest i was a little annoyed because i was talking to someone about what needed to be served because there was food.  I laughed, and went on.  About a half hour later he called again, I literally rolled my eyes and thought I’ll call him back because I want to worship Jesus. And then my phone rang again. 
It is not like my dad to call back to back unless it’s important.  So I answered it. 

“Marg (that’s what he calls me), are you close?”
(annoyed) No, dad, I told you I’m at 8 mile and Kelly

Well, can you
come take me to the hospital? My chest is tight and I’m having a hard time
breathing.

Good Gravy I think, I don’t know if I can take this sort of thing. Life has just finally started to calm down and I wasn’t looking for “more”.  But of course, I went, and gladly because a
Daddy is a daughter’s first love.  I had
to drive across town praying the whole time that traffic would be clear, but
you know how traffic could be and I already drive like a maniac.

Answered prayers and traffic was clear. I picked up my dad and we headed to the hospital.  No one thought much was going on, my dad is old and has had more surgeries than almost everyone I know, COMBINED.  They did the normal stress test and found something.  He was going to go for his 16th surgery, this time it was a heart cathertization for one of his arteries
that was 99% blocked. 
Because I really love my dad, and my mom died so young all these trips to the hospital give me anxiety.  Normally I cry like a baby.  I’m usually nuts.  But this time was different.  I had this crazy peace.

The last few weeks I have been reading God’s Word more. I’ve been keeping the main thing the main thing.  I HAD PEACE. 
It was beyond my circumstances. 
It was beyond anything I could have imagined. 

I am not saying that I didn’t have moments of worry, but it surely was different this time. 
It reminded me of Proverbs 3:1-6

Proverbs 3 1-6

1My son, do
not forget my teaching,


    but
keep my commands in your heart,


for they will prolong your life many years

    and
bring you peace and prosperity.

Let love and
faithfulness never leave you;


    bind
them around your neck,


    write
them on the tablet of your heart.


Then you will win favor and a good name

    in
the sight of God and man.

Trust in the Lord with all
your heart


    and
lean not on your own understanding;


in all your ways submit to him,

    and
he will make your paths straight.[
a]

I’m happy to report that my dad is home.  They were worried about his heart valve, the report shows it was still in good working condition. He’s got number 17 on the horizon of the next couple weeks.

I tell you all this to remind you that if you follow God, He will give you a peace in the craziest circumstances.  It won’t matter if someone you love could pass away, it doesn’t matter the status of your bills, He WILL be with you, He WILL take care of you, He WILL give you a peace that you won’t understand and certainly can’t explain!

But you’ve got to follow Him. You’ve got to surrender your life to Him. Have you done that? Doyou want to do that?  I’m telling you of all the decisions you will make in your life, it’s the best one you’ll ever make!

I asked for prayer. I think sometimes people only ask for prayer in desperation.  They don’t ask when things aren’t “pretty” or maybe they are embarrassing, we don’t want to seem like we don’t have it together, I can assure you, I don’t have it together and most days everyone knows and who cares? Who cares if people know I have it together, but honestly, most people don’t we need God to make it through our every day.  

So if you’re waiting for the perfect time, get over that, there’s no perfect time. 

He’s waiting for you.  Just like He waited for me. 

Comments