Back where I belong 

It's an odd thing... I didn't really choose youth ministry.

In 2006 when I was at Metro South Church I kept asking to get involved and EVERY single time they'd tell me that they had someone to do this or that, until one day my dear friend Adam (he wasn't my dear friend at the time lol) contacted me and I got plugged in doing a lot of different stuff but I served in youth ministry and for the most part (it's hard!) I loved it.

When I left that church I was done with youth ministry except to go to Colorado and serve with adam. 

I loved the kids in the church but I was ready to do something else.

When I got to Woodside Detroit I swore I'd never volunteer. I loved it there but I wasn't going to get involved again. And then it happened. And slowly I got involved. And then they had a volunteer sign up. I signed up for a bunch of things and none of it seemed to click with my schedule... except... you guessed it... youth ministry!

And here I sit on a Sunday night so thankful for my new kids. Thinking about their smiles and dreaming of mission trips and camps, and maybe even a sleepover!

I love youth ministry but I wasn't so sure that's where I was supposed to end up, but clearly it is!! 

Comments