Keep Calm and whole30 on...


Whole30 has been such a process for me. I have been kind of quiet about it, but I'd like to say with 7 days left I am so very thankful I did it.

I've had some comments and some crazy looks.  One person said "the lengths that women go through to lose weight".  I'd like to state for the record, I did not do this to lose weight. I did it for one reason and one reason only.  To move towards healthy.

I did make the vow to myself that I would not allow this to make me crazy. I was going in with a healthy mindset and with the attitude that I would complete it. I really haven't looked at is as the things I was restricted by.

No sugar (sugar is in darn near everything!)
No legumes (peanuts, lentils, beans)
No dairy (somehow I've survived without Feta)
No grains.  No corn, no quinoa

My whole attitude was about how good I was going to feel.  And I'll tell you, I feel really great. I think there have been moments that I've wanted to stress eat but that doesn't change my circumstances.  So I did what I knew to do and made good choices.  I can honestly say this is probably the first time in my life that has happened. And honestly, it was more out of habit then cravings. 

I feel good, even though I'm EXHAUSTED from the past days.  But I can't imagine what I'd feel like if I pumped my body full of junk!    I think I'd have a lot more energy if I wasn't in the hospital every day and if I was sleeping better, but I have had enough energy to keep the house clean in all this crazy of my life. 

This was a choice to see what would happen after 30 days and I can honestly say I could make this mostly my way of eating.  Its a lot of work and there have been dishes for days (I ran my dishwasher 4 times one day!)

I feel good.  And I don't feel crazy.  Except the week roasts were B1G1, those days I was crazy!  LOL

Comments