Messy Marios


This is kind of a cross between Sloppy Joes and a meatball sub runs right into spaghetti.  I make a lot of hot sandwiches, pulled chicken, pulled pork… sloppy joes.   You can imagine.  One time on the menu for MBK (My Brother’s Keeper) I was looking in the pantry and I had tons of spaghetti sauce (because EVERYONE has 20 jars on hand like I do) and I was going to make sloppy joes but instead I came up with this crazy creation.  Now, I have to tell you, this is not an EXACT recipe.  This is a guide.  If you need an exact recipe… you’ll need to surf the net.  It’s easy, delish, and a change of pace.

1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 can tomato paste
2 lbs of your favorite meat (ground turkey, ground beef, ground chicken

2 c of shredded mozz cheese

Garlic/onion (or each of these in powder form)

Cook up the meat with garlic and onions.  Add spaghetti sauce and tomato paste. Cook it up so the flavors meld.  You can also put in crockpot.  Just before you are going to serve mix in cheese.
Serve on your favorite buns (you can toast up with garlic butter to take it over the top)

ENJOY!
P.S.  This is on the menu today on a much larger scale for the soup kitchen today serving with pasta salad and strawberry cupcakes

Comments