Whole30 results

Some of my friends know I did a round of whole30.

I got to a place in my life where food controlled me. I ate in sadness, in gladness, when I was happy or mad, grumpy or glad.

A friend mentioned to me that she was starting a round of whole30 and I said "I'll do it with you" I kind of knew what to expect as far as eating but not everything. So I got the books, looked stuff up online, we had started about two weeks after my initial "let's do it" because I wanted to be prepared, understand everything that i was to do.

At first I thought "that's a lot of stuff I can't have" and then I thought if that's the way you're going to approach this you will not make it past day 5. So I changed my perspective. I thought of what my life would look like being healthy, not regretting the food choices I made. No more heart burn, diarrhea, constipation, no emotional eating, no diabetes, no heart issues, lower my risk of cancer. Inflammation gone in my joints. And I got to eat really tasty food that was healthy.

The truth is it wasn't easy, because companies put sugar in almost everything! EVEN IN CHICKEN BROTH! WTH!  I no longer wonder why so many people I know and love are diabetic or pre-diabetic. 

The truth is it wasn't as hard as you might think either.

So today is day 31. I'm happy to report I made it! And I'm better for it!

My dad was in the hospital 2 times for some pretty serious stuff and I didn't even flinch. I stayed more level headed (which was better for me and everyone around me). Even though I was exhausted due to so much time in the hospital, it would have been way worse if I pumped myself full of garbage.  I got a glimpse of life if I don't change

My mind was clearer.
My skin was clearer.
My joints hurt less.
My clothes fit better ( as a matter of fact I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I bought that I could never wear before)
Even though I didn't do this to lose weight, however I'm down 6.4 pounds, 10.5 inches, 4.5 in my waist alone!
I feel good about myself
When Aunt Flow ;) came to visit she wasn't a savage and my PMS was at a minimum
No sugar cravings at all
I learned about food and what's in it
I ate delicious recipes and shared with friends (I can cook Thai food now)
I prayed more

What's next? I'm not EXACTLY sure. I'll hold close to the whole30 spectrum for sure. In the beginning I thought I'd want a pizza today but I'm excited to have hummus and lentil soup. What a change in thinking.

I'm thankful

Comments