How I’m feeling 

I haven’t quite felt like myself. Often my smile seems forced, at least to me, I’ve lost the joy in my every day. It doesn’t make me less grateful it just makes me i the mode of getting by. 


For awhile I thought it was because I’m tired, and Lord, I’m tired. I push to the sundays of church and youth ministry. I miss the days of walks with my daughter and dinner and events with my friend. 

You know why? Because I was made for more than just tasks, I (we) am (are) made for relationships. 

I love my church but it’s not because of great worship (which it has) and it’s not because the Word is brought every week (which it is) and it’s not because everyone likes the Bread I bring (let’s face it, it’s great 😂😂😂😂😂), it’s because the people there. I love sitting down and hearing about people’s lives and hugging them, and telling them that I love them (and they tell me too), it’s about the relationships I’ve made. I’ve even thought of joining a neighborhood group 😳

The other day I went to the leader of our youths house and we had dinner and talked about youth stuff. It was so great to be part of their day and just get to know them better. It was funny because they asked me how I feel appreciated. That. Dinner with friends. Seems so simple. And it is. I’m a simple kind of gal. I love Love. There’s nothing better.

I miss my friends, I miss times with my daughter that are more than just what needs to be done. I’ve missed celebrating my friend’s birthdays.

My soul longs for relationship. I know I’ll get there again. I’m thankful that I’m able to have some time, and I’m thankful I can take care of my dad, I just miss my friends

Comments