It's never too late

If you only had one cell phone for the rest of your life, how would you treat it?

That is a question my friend Katie asked a bunch of middle schoolers today. 

Well we only get one body and one brain for OUR WHOLE LIVES to take care of. We don’t usually get an upgrade when we are too tired to go on (our battery runs out) and most people can’t afford plastic surgery if they don’t take care of their body.
But what happens when the choices we’ve made won’t help us to be our best selves for our whole lives?

Is it too late to start over?

NO!

Even if your screen cracks, you can still use your phone, the same goes with our bodies. We can take extra good care of them, and protect them.

This really struck a chord with me.

I’ve working on my financials. I am trying to prepare for an unknown future and I’ve not always saved like I should of, or racked up some debt that seems almost overwhelming to overcome.
I decided last month that I was going to move forward and stop looking at a mountain from the bottom thinking I can’t climb it. I took the first step. I went and acquired some tools to make a difference in the acquisition of my financial freedom. Then I took the first step. And a second… and this paycheck was another step.

You know what?

 It feels good. I thought it would feel confining, but it feels freeing.

I’ve got lots of things to work on because believe it or not, I am not perfect.

I’m going to keep moving forward to be my best me!

It’s not too late to be better even if I’ve made poor choices in the past!

Eph 2:10 (NLT) For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

This is one of my favorite songs lately :)




Comments