Not in a Hurry

Do you ever find yourself restless?

No?

Well not me. When I am in the middle of something, I am planning the next thing.

I love projects.

When I was in Youth Ministry before I’d start in the summer planning the back to school kick off or Big Party, then it was the Winter Retreat, then Detroit Mission trip while also planning global missions.

When I left Youth Ministry I told God I’d do whatever He wanted. And it meant I had to sit for awhile. Then it was the community garden, then the soccer field, and now I am back in Youth Ministry. We are fnishing up the soccer field and I found myself like “what’s the next big project?” I mean there must be something.

6 weeks of hospital visits and loving my dad has been weird.

So now that my dad is on his way to recovery, what’s next?

The last two days in Colorado I’ve spent lots of great time with my friends and I’ve gotten some walks in and time by myself. It’s been the perfect combination.

Today the song “you make my brave” sung by Jon Whaley came on and I felt this incredible peace, Youth Ministry. There might be more later but for now it’s Youth Ministry and relationships.

Part of me is like “what the heck?” because I love planning and accomplishing something. Doesn't He have something cool for me to serve on? But the part of me that really loves God knows, that what He says is best.

As I was singing “You make me brave” this morning walking, I said “I’ll be brave enough to do just as you ask, and I’ll wait, but I’m not going to rush it, I will love right where I am, even if it’s difficult to go against the ways I’ve done things before. Which you all should feel sorry for the kids (and other leaders) in our ministry because that just means I’ll be planning like crazy for them! (HAHA!!!!!)

I love the song “Not in a hurry” because it reminds to slow down and not try to get ahead of God. (Song and lyrics below)

I am thankful for everyday right where I am at. To love Him and love others. Whatever that looks like.

(remind me of this if I get restless again)

Lord I don’t want to rush on ahead

In my own strength

When you’re right here

Lord I don’t want to rush on ahead

In my own strength

When you’re right here

[Chorus]

I’m not in a hurry

When it comes to your spirit

When it comes to your presence

When it comes to your voice

I’m learning to listen

Just to rest in your nearness (Oh-oh)

I’m starting to notice

You are speaking (Oh-oh)

[Verse 2]

Lord I want to love like you (ooh-ooh)

I want to feel what you feel

I want to see what you see (ooh-ooh)

Lord I want to love like you (ooh-ooh)

I want to feel what you feel

I want to see what you see (ooh-ooh)


[Chorus]

I’m not in a hurry

When it comes to your spirit

When it comes to your presence

When it comes to your voice

I’m learning to listen

Just to rest in your nearness (Oh-oh)

I’m starting to notice

You are speaking (Oh-oh)

I’m not in a hurry

When it comes to your spirit

When it comes to your presence

When it comes to your voice

I’m learning to listen

Just to rest in your nearness (Oh-oh)

I’m starting to notice

You are speaking (Oh-oh)

[Bridge]

Open my eyes I want to see you

Open my ears I want to hear you speak

Tell me your thoughts what's on your mind

I’ll be your friend, I want to see through your eyes

I wanna see through your eyes


[Chorus]

I’m not in a hurry

When it comes to your spirit

When it comes to your presence

When it comes to your voice

I’m learning to listen

Just to rest in your nearness (Oh-oh)

I’m starting to notice

You are speaking (Oh-oh)

I’m not in a hurry

When it comes to your spirit

When it comes to your presence

When it comes to your voice

I’m learning to listen

Just to rest in your nearness (Oh-oh)

I’m starting to notice

You are speaking (Oh-oh)

Comments