Thankful for His faithfulness

It has been a long 6 weeks, the last two I’ve lived with my dad to make sure if he needed anything I was there.

I can’t say enough how thankful to my daughter I am. She spent her vacation days off the first few week days he was home so I didn’t have to take work days, she kept up our house and she stayed with my dad the nights before I had church. There are a million things I could thank her for, seriously.

This wasnt easy for anyone. And some days it was hard to be thankful. But I saw the goodness of God in so many things.

Saturday I had King of my Heart on repeat in my head. 

“You’re never gonna let me down”

He didn’t

Not one minute even the hardest times.

Yesterday we had to take my dad back to the hospital and I walked 1.7 miles to my car because I was at the marathon and my car was at church.

In a matter of 1.7 miles you sure can feel a lot of emotions and I sure did have quite a conversation with God (and it wasn’t all nice) and I prayed a lot of prayers. 

One thing I know about God is that He is good. Often in these last 6 weeks i have thought “this isnt the life I intended”- and God reminded me that my life was to be one lived in love, and it won’t always be what I expect. Just love, Margie. And so that’s what I did. 

I’ve spent a lot of time with God, in the word, praising Him, thanking Him, and crying, and through it all, He’s been there.

I don’t know what’s next. Heck, I can’t even seem to get a day off (where’s my rest?!?!?) but I’ll do whatever He asks me, because He made me for love and there’s nothing better than love.


Comments