Lessons from socks 

We learn a lot from other people.  I’ve learned never take for granted warm, dry feet. 

My friend Carly taught me that you always take a new package of socks when you go on a short term mission trip. After a long day in the field, and after a wonderful much needed shower, it always feels A-MAZING to put on new socks. Seriously.


Alllllll morning I had wet feet. Our current weather plus a pair of Toms shoes does not a happy pair of feet make. True that.

So... after running out in the rain to mail postcards (youth min), get cookies for the afternoon snack, and pick up lunch, I slipped on a pair of socks and a different pair of shoes. Note from the editor: everyone thinks it’s funny that I have 3-10 pairs of shoes in my car- came in handy.

I thought about so many who don’t have that opportunity. Wet shoes, no shoes. 

Isn’t it funny how we can take for granted the smallest of things or they can be infinitely amazing to us.

I never want to lose the wonder of thankfulness. I never want to lose the perspective that God is good even in the moments of hard, or wet feet or whatever the current distraction is.

And that, my friends, is why daily I write 6 thankfuls every day on Facebook. To always turn my heart to thankfulness. I need to be reminded. Every.day.

It is not happy people who are grateful it is grateful people who are happy


Comments