November thankfuls Day 1

I really couldn’t decide what to start with for thirty days of thankfuls. Do I pick people, things... oh I don’t know. The thoughts are spinning!

Yesterday was Halloween! We had 353 kids! Yes literally I figured out how many things I had to give out minus what we ate, 3 bottles of bubbles left... 353! Last year it was about 250 and I ran out! I give chips, juice boxes (which everyone was stoked for), and bubbles for the littles.

There was one trick or treater that stole my heart!! From far way it looked like two adults... it was. One caregiver and one man that was special! He was special all right! Stole my heart! I asked him if he wanted chips or juice box (he chose chips) but then saw the bubbles and excitedly asked for them. Somehow I managed to only give him one because if you know me, I wanted to give him ALLLLLL OF THEM!!

I’m thankful for a lot of things! I love giving out stuff at Halloween! I love that there are so many kids that go out! I love that the older kids get a chance, even for one day to be a kid again! I’m thankful I can afford to give out cool stuff! I’m thankful for a night of just sitting and laughing with my daughter! I’m thankful for sweet care givers that take special people out to have so much fun! I’m thankful for neighbors who all participate! I’m thankful for the crossing guards at the corners to make sure the kids are safe! I’m thankful for blankets to keep us warm! I’m thankful for a warm house to go into after it’s all done!

Hope your Halloween was happy! And happy November! 

Comments