November Thankfuls Day 5 - Youth Ministry

There are a lot of things I love but for real I’m so thankful for youth ministry. The kids are amazing and I️ can't believe God lets me love these kids!  They make my heart so happy! I love hearing about their highs and lows. 

I am surprised about how God can expand our hearts to love so many.  It is amazing to me how many kids I love and I still have room in my heart to love more.

My life has a little bit crazy and today I realized that I didn't have the verse of the week written on the index cards today so I did what any crazy youth leader would do... I chose the shortest verse in the bible to give them.  John 11:35... Jesus wept.    Hey, it's important.  it's all important.  I was writing them out and one of the girls asked if she could help.  Of course I said yes, because I'm no dummy.  She's writing scripture!  She's serving Jesus alongside of me.  Is there anything better??? 

I loved today when Jamie asked the kids to find the verse we were focusing on before we needed it and his message was ON POINT!  Especially for me!  1 Sam 24: 8-11 Respect

David came out and shouted after him, “My lord the king!” And when Saul looked around, David bowed low before him.

Then he shouted to Saul, “Why do you listen to the people who say I am trying to harm you? 10 This very day you can see with your own eyes it isn’t true. For the Lord placed you at my mercy back there in the cave. Some of my men told me to kill you, but I spared you. For I said, ‘I will never harm the king—he is the Lord’s anointed one.’
11 Look, my father, at what I have in my hand. It is a piece of the hem of your robe! I cut it off, but I didn’t kill you. This proves that I am not trying to harm you and that I have not sinned against you, even though you have been hunting for me to kill me.

it really was soooo good.  It was real and relevant and the truth he spoke into their lives I am sure will not return void. 

I'm so thankful for my time with my new kids. They are loving and funny and crazy!  They are all so different and yet, they fit so perfectly together!  I love them so much!

I'm so thankful God called me to work with teenagers!

Comments