November Thankfuls - Day 9 My job (God's provision)

I've got this problem, sometimes I'm just not thankful.

And then I get a gut check.  Sometimes it feels like God gave me the scobie (or whatever it's called) of Kombucha, made me eat/drink (whatever you'd do if you had one) and I feel like a jerk.

How about that for November thankfuls?  Let's be real today.

Yesterday was hard. I have a great job and work for a great company with really amazing people.  And yet, yesterday I was like "but I'm not saving the world" sitting at my desk selling wire harnesses.

I know so many people "on the ground" and often wish I was one of them. 

And then my friend reminded me that because of my really great job I have really really great health insurance at a really really great rate.

I picked up pictures at Walgreens and as I looked through them all, I was reminded that because of God's provision I am able to buy gift cards for "my kids" or candy or pop or school supplies when they need them.  I get to travel to places like Africa and preach the Gospel.  I get to see friends in Colorado.  Because of my M-F job (though the hours have been REALLY long those days) I am able to travel to Chicago on a Saturday to love and support my friends.

Because of my job (God's provision) we have a warm house and a high electric/gas bill because I can afford to keep the temp how I want it.  I drive a nice car that gets me where I am going and currently it's filled with donations for our "Home Free" friends for my church.

I talk to friends at work about Jesus and we serve together at MBK and because of God's provision we are able to provide really great meals for our friends there.  And that Halloween party, yo.  (yes, I really just said that)

The truth is that it's because of my job (that I'm really great at) I am able to serve Jesus in a way that others aren't, and that's a gift.  A really great gift.  And I AM VERY THANKFUL!

So today I put up new pictures to remind me.  I am blessed beyond measure, and loved beyond words.

That's today's truth and thankfuls.

Never miss the blessings in the hard times, my friends, you've survived 100% of your hardest days. 

Comments