2018 Strong

There's just a few more hours left in 2017 and I am spending it in bed, resting.

This year has been tough.  I can't even recount it all. Thank God for "on this day" on FB so I can look back in a year and see what I survived. 

God is good. 

No matter what happens or doesn't happen God is good.  I've seen Him show up so many times.  I've felt Him snatch me from some pits and my own self made mess.  And I am thankful.

As I think back, I've felt like this is one of the hardest.

My dad was in the hospital for a month, and managing through all that was difficult.  I could look back and see the hard, but I choose to look back and ahead and see the way that my dad is healing.  Two strokes and a heart attack ain't no joke, people. 

My own health has not been great in 2017 and I look ahead for healing in 2018.  To be honest, I am growing weary.  I need answers, and solutions.

I think of 2018 as it comes and I have no idea what it holds.  The joy and laughter and I'm sure with that sadness and tears, but I know that God is good.

As I think ahead to 2018, I think of one word.  STRONG.

Strong in mind, body, faith, heart, and soul.

I want health and healing in a strong body for 2018.  I want to carry out what God has intended.

I want a brain that is always learning and is wise. That as I dream, my mind puts a plan in place to make it come true.  A mind that calls people's names to pray for.

I want a strong heart so that I know who I am and who I belong to.  I heart that loves God and loves others.

I want to know not only what the Word of God says, but to live it out.  To be obedient and generous.  I just want to live out what the word says.

I want to be so strong that I can be submissive to authority. So strong that humility comes easy.

I want to be strong to fight for the injustice around me and in the world.  Long term and short term.

What does that look like in 2018?

I HAVE NO IDEA!


But I will do what He says, I'll go where He says to go.  I'm not saying it will come easy or that there won't be gnashing of teeth, I just hope I always go where He calls.



Come on 2018, change awaits.






Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
In our weakness....He is Strong!