Christmas can be a poop storm

So yesterday was Monday at MBK.  My friends and I cook and serve a meal and we have to give the Word.  By "we" I mean me and I have no idea why they trust me with this task but God put it on my heart that I should be ready to do it. So I do.  I'll be honest, normally I pray a lot about it, write something up. but last night...

So all I could think about was Isaiah 9:6-7
For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon[a] his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called[b]
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace
    there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
    to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
    from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.


So I don't know about you but the holidays seem like a giant S*** storm and so that's what I talked about. I talked about how the most glorious time of the year is sometimes a giant mess. 
I talked about how I cried twice on Friday, a melt down on Saturday...
But Jesus.

I love this verse, it reminds me of Charlie Brown Christmas. 

The sweet voice of Linus. 

This verse is stitched in my heart.  When I'm crazy, the Wonderful Counselor who listens to my crazy.
Mighty God who can take on anything that the world brings.
Everlasting Father!  He is faithful.
Prince of Peace.  Sometimes He calms the storm and sometimes He calms His child (me!)

I love this verse.  It makes my calm down, He brings me peace. 

Yes it's true, I compared Christmas time to a poop storm.  Yes I did.  I honestly can't wait til it's over when I can just rest and enjoy the rest of winter (remind me I said this when it's June and I'm sick of snow)

I don't think people need another person to pretend that things are perfect, we all know they aren't but thank God we don't have to pretend (or be) perfect, He's got this, and us!


It's a miracle they even let me serve at MBK... I think I'm the poop storm sometimes.


Comments