Thankful Thursday

I love serving meals.

You might think it’s crazy but i love it. Last night i made sugar cookies to decorate for the Christnet peeps and there are three bags of cheese potatoes thawing to heat up and two roasts. 

Ive got spiral ham to make them sandwiches and I’m so very thankful.

While my life has seemed to have passed by before i knew it, the days have been long. I can remember not enough food in my house for us to both eat. I can remember Mac & cheese and corn for a whole week to get us by until payday. 

I’m laying here before i get ready for work more blessed than i ever deserve. It’s not about making meals or what i have, I’m thankful that God gifted me with a heart that loves people.

Tomorrow i go and read to kindergarten, first and second graders on my day off because education and reading are keys to success. I want reading to come Alive to students. I’m even going to talk to them about why reading is important! My heart has been longing to do it!

It’s my last day before our Christmas holiday break (and almost my birthday - all of you who celebrate or get the day off on New Years can thank me that my birthday is a national holiday)


Happy Thursday friends there is much to be thankful for!

Comments