Well January! You’re off to a great start!

Choose wisely

I’ve never picked a word for a year and felt so strongly about it.

Strong 

Don’t pick that word people unless you’re willing to walk it out and come under attack.

It’s January 3rd and it’s been quite a year already. 

Friday i have surgery for a female problem. And then today while driving i was thinking that the pcv valve on my car broke again because it smelled like a snowblower in my car. I had to roll down the window it was so bad. Then i realized my car had a rod knock. And i don’t mean some hot guy named Rodney knocking at my door. And yes I’ve gotten all my oil changes

I was already thinking I’d take my car to the dealership tomorrow but SURPRISE! It’s there now!

So i turned Down a side street (didn’t want to get stuck on telegraph) and then it occurred to me i was going to have to get past Ford Rd. So i prayed “God just get me past ford rd” then i prayed “God it’s only 4 blocks get me home” i even gave Him a little pep talk “You got this” 😂

Pulled into my driveway and my car sputtered dead. I CANT EVEN MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!!

I Chuckled. Yeap this girl bought the extended warranty. Which means rental car, paid repair/replacement. It’s the advice i give people because it’s the advice i live. 

So i called. 

Called the dealership
Called a tow truck 
Went and ate dinner with Phyllis
Tow truck came
Dropped off car

You know how obnoxious i am? I told this poor guy about the grace of God. About how so many times in my life i look back and see God’s hand and provision. 

I told the guy about my prayers and how i know God loves me because He got me
home safe

God’s grace is not lost on me.

Do you know how many places i drive that If that happened I’d be toast? Lots
Do you know my car didn’t die causing a bunch of other people stress and being late?
I don’t have cancer (i was so crazy at one point with all this female stuff i convinced myself no one would want to be my cancer buddy)
I came home to a warm house and a beautiful girl.
I’ve had more people than i could imagine offer to bring us meals or order us takeout
We don’t even have to worry in the morning about the rental because i work on the way to my daughters work so we can just car pool (don’t need a car on Friday) 

I’m so thankful! If God is for me than who can be against me?

I know you probably think I’m dumb. Let me tell you. This kind of thing has happened to me before and it was devastating. I cried and cried. This sucks. It does but i have really only two choices. I can focus on the bad or the good. 

I can make myself happy or make myself miserable the effort is the same.

I choose the good.




Comments