Home

When i started going to Woodside Detroit my idea was that i wasn’t going to serve in any way, i wouldn’t be friends with people there, i was going to sit, listen, learn, and leave.  I wasn’t going to get close to the “inner circle” also known as leadership.

Nope. Not happening. 

Just let me learn about Jesus and that’s it.

My heart was broken and hurting and there was no way that was happening again.  NFW. I won’t go into all the reasons now but if you’d like to talk one on one 

I almost laugh about it now. God is funny. I’m pretty sure He was sitting up in heaven talking to my mom saying “she thinks... oh she should just stop thinking”😂

Then it started... they made mention of needing help with hospitality. Ok. I’m just making Bread (banana & punkin) once a month. That’s it. I don’t have to talk to anyone, i can just let drop it off. I’m only doing this because I feel like God is calling me to (don’t ask me why He calls is to such things). So i did. The second month i did it i wondered if anyone even liked it. Then i heard someone yell (literally yell) “the applesauce bread is here” with glee. 

Ok God but just Bread. That’s it. Just Bread.

So... about a month in The Family at Woodside Detroit grabbed a part of my heart and it began to heal. And heal and feel joy again. My heart was joyous and tender. Slowly i pressed in. Met people, started serving. It wasn’t easy. Before i knew it i am serving in youth ministry again. And i love it ❤️❤️

 my heart is humbled by their love for one another. My pastor has said  (I’ll tell you what my heart heard) the Bible tells us to love each other, not try to fix anyone or save them, that’s the job of God, our job is to love people, right where they are at.

I’ll tell you something. I know my posture when i started going to Woodside Detroit. I promise you i know i had a big “f u” on my forehead, i know it, i put it there to protect myself and my heart. But this place, has helped me to love and grow and be vulnerable and to trust not only God (more) but people too. 

I remember when someone from Woodside came after me when i wanted to run, they were real and honest and loving, and I’m so thankful.

This morning I’m just so thankful for this church Home i found, it’s not even a church home, it’s Home where my heart has found love. 

If you are hurting but you are afraid of the whole church thing, I’d love for you to come sit with me or you can sit in the back (i sit 4th row stage left) and I’ll come  hug you. I’d love for you to experience this kind of love.



Comments