Missing Haiti

I saw this picture yesterday.  My heart was so happy and so sad at the same time.  I don't even know how it happens.

I think of my years of going to Haiti and I miss it so much!  I looked at this picture and aside from my lipstick I had NO MAKEUP on and look how beautiful I was.

I look at this picture and I think I just might be the luckiest person on earth!

People bought CROCS on sale for the kids at the Orphanage and we clothed the kids each with 3 outfits, new, gently used.  It was the most amazing and fun!  I know a lot of people felt like they were blessed but seriously, this moment, after we organized the shoes while listening to the Soundtrack to Wicked and sweating like crazy, I look at the joy on this little girl's face with her new shoes and I think I'm the lucky one.

I miss Haiti more than I can put into words.  I miss no make up, lots of hugs, I miss singing songs to little kids that can't understand what I'm saying.  I dream about days of kissing foreheads saying "I loveyou, I loveyou, Mwen renmen ou".  I can still hear that beauty singing a song she made up about "Maggi" and how it's in everything.

You know what I think is in everything?  LOVE.

Comments