Lessons in today

Today we were serving lunch to some friends in Roosevelt Park. Chicken, mac&cheese, coleslaw, and fruit cocktail. I love serving Kroger fried chicken because it’s yummy and easy. Order, pick up, pay, serve. It’s so good people have fought over (more than once).

I love serving meals.

Today i met a man, we can call him John.  John was having a bad day. His wife has deteriorated discs and she’s not going to get better. If anything, the doctors have told her she’s going to get worse as the years pass. 

I have never met John before today. My heart aches for John. I bet he’d do anything to stop her back from hurting. I wanted to somehow remove that pain from both of their lives. It made my heart ache for them.

All i could do is make two meals for them. I thought about them as i drove home and prayed for them.

My life doesn’t seem like much lately. Sometimes i feel like I’m always chosen second and I’m sad and that no
Matter what i do it’s not enough. I can’t build a garden large enough to feed all the hungry people, i can’t medically fix anyone. All i can do is make some food and feed some people. It doesnt seem like much. 

And while it doesn’t seem like much at the same time, i can do what i can do and at least John and his wife will have food in their bellies. And it seems like just enough. 


I saw God show up so many times today. It was a beautiful day. The day was filled with smiles, hugs, and sunshine. And fried chicken 🍗 

It was good 

Comments