From Sunday to Sunday

Last week around This time i was driving over to pick up my daughter to possibly say good bye and i loveyou to her grandfather for the last time. I expected to be awaken in the middle of the night by a phone call telling me my dad was “gone”

I can’t even explain to you the past week, I’ve been a walking zombie. 

But God. 

So it’s been raining for the last couple days and we don’t have power. 

I’d like to just say that this inconvenience is nothing compared to last week. 

I realized i can’t open the garage door because we don’t have power and don’t have another way in so i couldn’t get to the coolers i was praising God earlier for. But for some reason i had some of those big drink coolers in the basement and we have storage containers and lots of ice and we will make due. 

My kitchen countertops were supposed to be done yesterday so everything is out of them and my kitchen (besides the coolers and Ice) looks like a giant disarray.

And you know what? 

I’m sitting here, typing away, thankful. 

We’ve got clothes and clean water, and food and a grill and places we could go if we needed. And even if i had to throw away all the food in or fridge and freezers, i can afford to buy everything to replace it. There have been times in my life when i couldn’t say that.

We have each other. 

And the creator of the universe loves us.

Like most days, there’s nothing to complain about. People matter, things don’t.

“Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.”
Psalms 119:37 ESV


Comments