Staying Afloat

My life isn't without the absence of troubles. 



I promise you, I'm in over my head.  Way over my head. 



I feel like someone swimming, treading water, in rough seas, and every so often something comes by like a bully at a pool and pushes me under.



When I think about all that is going on, I sing, I remember the Word's of God, and I just keep going and hold my breath as the water and troubles try to take me down.



In our old house I literally had scripture written on pieces of paper, index cards.  The one of above the toilet was this:



 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33



I have literally read it 1000s of times.  And I remember it when things get too tough, I say... God, give me Your peace. 



When I think I am not strong enough to deal with whatever is next, I remember this:



2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.



Most days I don't even know how I am getting through them.  Today it was another phone call, another decision. 



I have no power at home but there are worse things.  I promise you, I can go to a warm place whether it's a hotel or a family member's house, and I am pretty sure I have 100s of people I could call to stay at their house. 



So yes, this life is not without trouble, but most importantly it is filled with more love than I deserve.



I will remember this scripture too



The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Romans 16:20



This world may be filled with trouble, but it is filled with love, and that's life I choose to live.











Comments