True talk

I was talking to some friends recently and i asked them to tell me something good. I said you know like the Chaka Khan song. I did threaten them that if they didn’t I’d sing.

They didn’t really want to share. I said oh are you having a “‘go bag it’  God sort of time?” Oh my word. Their faces. But i was just being real. And then it really got real. I said “hey having faith isn’t always easy and I’ve threatened and meant it that if God didn’t do something in my heart i was walking away. Y’all know i love God but I’ve had moments in my walk that i felt they way. 

Maybe that’s never happened to you, maybe when things get tough for you - you lean in. Or when the darkness closes in, you just get out your Flashlight.  Good for you. I mean it.

In my life the examples of hard times I’ve seen people leave, they said they’d love me and they never would... and they did. 

Maybe the fight or flight reflex doesn’t get you like it does me. 

You’re a better person than me.

Even when I’m the biggest a-hole there is one thing I’ve learned. 

God always loves me will never leave me.  And for that I’m thankful.

I think sometimes we have to be truthful in our struggles. We learn in our struggles, we grow in our struggles, and we are strengthened in our struggles 

I really wish i was stronger than i am and i wish i never questioned God. But I have and that’s real life. 


I’m thankful that i God never leaves me and even in my unfaithfulness, He is faithful 

Comments