Do you see the differences?

I’m probably going to lose half my audience today but I’ve got something rambling around in my heart.

The other day i posted about a very well qualified candidate for Governor and someone made the comment about how he’s a Muslim and believes in the Quran and can’t uphold our constitution. 

I actually knew it was going to happen. 

The other day i posted about how people in the Middle East were bombed and it started a comment explosion.

I would like to tell you about a few observations I’ve made as a Christian living in the highest population of Muslims outside of the Middle East.

Y’all who don’t like them because of where they are from or what religion they are make me sad.

I have literally 1000s of friends in Facebook I’d say that at least 75% of them claim to be Christians. When i post a picture or something funny, y’all like and comment, when i post i need something, it’s like crickets.

When we moved I’d say 10 of my Christian friends showed up in some way or another, my Muslim friends? More than that. They offered meals, help, they showed up for me. 

I wonder how many people who speak against Islam have actually read their book? And how many christian people actually live out what the Bible says?

I’ve never read the Quran if I’m being honest, I’ve had discussions who my Muslim friends about what it says and i see the way they live their lives.

I also see the way people who say they love Jesus spout off on Facebook (I’m guilty as charged) about how they are intolerant of so much and yet do nothing about it. One person i know asked if they would be known as a Christian by their Facebook posts, if i would’ve answered honestly i would have said 15% of the time.

While my christian friends are posting about their food they eat my Muslim friends are standing outside grocery stores working to change things like Gerrymandering (which goes for a vote this year!) 

While our Christian governor continues to let the children of our state be poisoned by water my Muslim friends are working towards stopping nestle and working on Plans to stop the lead poisoning. 

I say all of this because if As Christians we are known by our fruit, we better stop complaining about the trees we need to plant and start planting them. 


We’ve got some work to do

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Christians really do need to step it up and live out the Gospel...this is true but Christian in deed is often very different than Christian in culture. You must be realistic about culture and deeply imbedded beliefs...they do play out in the decisions people make, what they hold important and how they carry out their public offices. It is ingrained...in primarily Judeao/Christian upbringing and culture and it is ingrained in Muslim culture...living in a certain local does not change generations of culturization. I think I just made up a word. ;)
Margie said…
have you studied their religion? Read the Quran?

To be honest, most of the people in office who claim to be Christians don't use it to carry out their job in public office, so why would someone who is of Muslim faith be any different?
Unknown said…
A+
I love you!!
Rev C said…
"preach the Gospel daily, and if you must, use words."
Jada's Gigi said…
Honestly, I think the Muslim culture takes their religion much more seriously than people who are "Christian" in a cultural sense. There is a difference in my mind between Christians...and Judeo/Christian culture, which is a huge influence in our country. Christians, people born from above, do practice the Gospel in their public and private lives...I believe many practicing Muslims also practice their faith in public and private which is exactly why I think they may find their beliefs at odds with the predominantly Judeo/Christian culture. Does this make sense?
Margie said…
I understand what you are saying.

You said Muslims take their religion much more seriously than those who are Christian.

Some Christians say there is only one way to heaven and we hold the key, we have the way to Life, why aren’t we taking it more seriously.

And yes they live out their faith in public and private but i think there are more similarities than differences than most of us know.

My heart is that some will not vote for people who are not Christians but what are the Christian leaders Doing? If someone votes for A Christian should we hold them accountable to lead as the Bible says?