Embrace

If you know me you know it hasn’t been an easy 6 weeks or so. Well year really but the last 6 weeks have been especially difficult.

Last week i had a really rough time. I actually can’t think of a time in my life that  i had felt God had left me more than last week.

I had some really crazy moments.  I cried so much which isn’t that hard to believe. At some point God started sending me reminders of His love for me, or maybe i just started actually seeing them. Beautiful skies, red wing blackbird, a song, something someone said or didn’t even have to say. 

I have had to come to terms with a lot of stuff this week. And I’ve cried rivers of tears.

Today we sang “child of God” and “new wine” 

I was thinking about how God has told me to embrace this season. Not endure it. 

During New Wine i thought of the verse 

“Neither is new wine put into old wineskins. If it is, the skins burst and the wine is spilled and the skins are destroyed. But new wine is put into fresh wineskins, and so both are preserved."”
Matthew 9:17 ESV

I thought about how this season is going to require moving forward not looking back. The old ways won’t bring a new harvest. Past lessons will serve their purpose and i will build upon them but it will take new and strengthen pressing in for the next harvest. It won’t be easy but like all growth that is hard it will be worth it.

I’ve been running this race a long time and it will require endurance and perseverance. And that will build character. I can’t say I’m really ready but i will move forward. 

I will choose to embrace these lessons even if i want to throw the text book like last years geometry...

Like the most strong and most beautiful trees i will grow my roots strong and deep. 


Comments