Puddle joy

Yesterday we came out of the movie theatre and it was raining but there must have been a downpour because there was water everywhere 

I had a new pair of Toms on and if they got wet they would have gotten stretched out. So i decided I’d take off my shoes and just walk to the car. 

But. 

There was a puddle. Like Lake Michigan sized puddle.

And i dont know where it came from because as a kid i didn’t jump in big puddles for fear of getting yelled at. But this feeling came over me and i splashed in that puddle as BIG AS I COULD! My pants were soaking wet. Some man just looked at me like i was looney toons. 

But for 15-20 seconds i didn’t think about anything all i was doing was  laughing. Pure joy people. Pure joy.

Normally I’m pretty reserved, i have lived a life of taking care of others, there is always a job to do, something needs to be accomplished. Many people see that side of me, but sometimes, when i feel safe because of love, i do crazy things like catch fish at a fish market, splash in puddles, laugh really loud, be funny.  

The older i get the more I’m learning to live life and enjoy moments in hard days. 


Life is meant to be lived, in purpose, with joy. 

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Big Amen!! Good for you! Sometimes I ride shopping carts across the parking lot...shhh. 😁