Healing!!!

Last week I had dinner with my friend today and we talked about how some days we just trudge through life and we are trying to survive.

I’d like to share something with you (and some of this may be tmi for you so this is your warning - click x now or forever hold your peace)

It’s been a journey of about eight months. I’d like to mention that without my daughter I’d honestly probably be dead right now. Not exaggerating. Muerto 

Last September my dad went into the hospital for one month. That’s a long time. I went to stay with him for two weeks after that. It was tiring to say the least. 

Two weeks after that i had the worst period of my life... of 70 days i didn’t bleed like 5. That’s a long ass period I’ll tell you. I can’t begin to tell you how ugly and gross i felt. I knew why the woman fought a crowd in the Bible after 12 years of having her period in search of healing. I ended up having a polyp and I had a procedure that was supposed to help. It did for like 3 weeks and then it all started up again. I thought in my head I’m gonna get a spoon and dig out my uterus. I told you people - turn back now.

You know i don’t have a momma so who am i supposed to ask about this because as women we just don’t talk about this stuff until we’re dying of cancer. We can google ourselves dead, i tell you.   But i have some great friends and they pulled me off the ledge more than once.

So... another 2 month period and i had another procedure - so far so good it’s been a month.

The stress at my job from November to April (when i was able to hire someone who does a great job and no attitude) was killer.

I started to workout and i was starting to just maybe come out of a six month mess and then... my dad went back into the hospital. And has been there or rehab ever since.

I literally was so tired I’d wake up i the morning and seriously need a nap by 9:30am!

I got my blood work done and found out that my iron was about half of the low end of the range. So i started taking iron supplements. After a week i wondered if something was going to happen and then it happened! I started to feel good. It wasn’t gradual... it was like one day i had so much energy! I played in the dirt (planted veggies) and cleaned out the garage, the next day got the gazebo
Ready to be put together and took out the garbage (there were two storm doors, garbage, yard waste, it was a lot! Today after working all day, visiting my dad i cut back three bushes to get them ready for removal, cleaned it all up (7 yard waste bags) and I’ll sit down to check my email. 

It feels good to feel good i tell ya’! 

Take good care of yourself! If you don’t feel good, try to get to the doctor, talk to
Your friends, it might be a season but maybe your body needs something (like i needed iron)


But don’t quit! Keep going! When you feel like a turtle trudging through peanut butter, get some jelly and keep going! There is healing!!!! And maybe a nap!

Comments