Let them eat cake!

So I’ve been thinking about the whole “cake” thing and i saw so many Christians celebrating on the news (and in my news feed).

I really struggle with this. 

Mostly because as i read and understand the Bible i only see that no matter how much i love completing tasks, i just feel over and over that i only have two things i need to do. 

Love God 
Love people 

So when I’m inconvenienced or i have to do extra, i try to remember (i often forget) to ask if my reaction will reflect those two things. 

So i started to think of all the sins I’ve committed or continue to commit which ones are those people in my news feed would say “i can’t loveyou anymore because of __________” 

And in reverse which sins of my friends would i say “i can’t look past _______sin so sorry.... no cake for you” 

And i hope both of those answers can’t be filled in.

Because friends, i don’t write my sins on a T-shirt and wear them around but that doesn’t mean i don’t commit any.  I’m good at hiding them, or continuing to ask God to forgive me, BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM. Some big ones.

At communion my friend Adam said “I’m never good enough on my best day and I’m not bad enough on my worst day”. 

I need Jesus every single day. I can’t ever be good enough and there isn’t a sin that i could commit that Jesus won’t save me from. 

I’m challenging myself to love people. Not through my eyes but through the eyes of God.


Just love people Margie.... if you get everything else wrong, so what. Love is what matters, above all else. 

Comments