Mistakes

I’m sitting on my porch and i should be getting ready for work...

Thinking about the last few days and weeks and thinking about what i could have done differently but trying not to live in regret of past mistakes. 

There’s nothing wrong with mistakes as long as they weren’t on purpose (then it’s called a bad choice) and if we learn from them. Right?

In the past, I have felt like mistakes made me a failure, but really they made me a learner, someone who strives to do better. 

It’s easy for me to give grace and mercy to others because i see the good in them but to give it to myself is difficult because i see the good, the bad, the ugly in myself, i see my past failures. 

Every day is a new day to do good, to change the world, to right past wrongs. 

I look at the immigration crisis, the Muslim ban, volcanos, hungry children, all the injustices of the world, and it gets overwhelming because you know i want to fix it all. I think we all have the opportunity to fix something, we do what is right for the people in our worlds (the ones we interact with every day) and we find the things that we want to change and we find organizations that fit in our wheelhouse and serve them. (And we vote!)

It’s what’s on my heart today! 


Comments