Seasons change... eventually... i hope

It’s been a hard season. I’m waiting for Expose to walk in singing “seasons change” and hoping for the next one. 

But i know the next one will be no easier than this one, each one comes with its own growth. And growth is hard y’all. 

When life is hard, i want to isolate. I want to just be by myself because “Life has taught me that i can only count in myself” but that is a lie.

More and more i realize the need for community. I need to laugh, to cry, to talk, to listen, for no words at all.

Life is not meant to be lived in a bubble by myself. And I’m coming to realize and live that truth. 

I’ve been afraid to let myself cry. For fear of not stopping. Who wants to go around looking like a hot mess. But it started Friday, on the way to the movies. And then it happened yesterday, and then it happened today, in church.

In church i was sitting by myself, crying during the first worship. Next usually comes greeting and i was really hoping to see someone i knew so i could hug them. You know the kind of real hugs you just sometimes need. Then Patrick announced no greetings today. My heart kind of dropped. And then it happened. One of my people came to sit by me. And i hugged her. Hard. How thankful i was for her. For community. For God. 


I’m thankful for friends who love me. Who pray, plan time together, movies. Life is a little nuts right now, so please be patient while i get through this season ❤️

Comments