The Song He sang to me


It’s kind of a dreary day today, you know the kind where you wish you could cuddle up in bed with a lot of pillows and a good book (and someone to read it to you).

This sweet sparrow was chirping (singing) at me. 

I thought about how I feel a lot like a sparrow.  Everyone notices a beautiful Robin, or a Blue Jay and Cardinals… but a sparrow?  Who notices them?

Me. 

Ever notice my wardrobe?  Black, gray, brown.  Sparrow colors.

I often feel like I am overlooked by many.  I am just your average chubby girl by the world’s standards.

But that’s not who God says I am.

He says I am worthy, beautiful, chosen, a masterpiece.

What bird’s do you remember that are actually named in the bible?

I’m no biblical scholar, but the sparrow is mentioned about how much they are wort, but I am worth more than sparrows...

Matthew 10:29-31 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[a] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

In my heart I feel like God sent me that beautiful bird that most people would have overlooked to send me a beautiful love song. I feel like He wanted to remind me how much He loves me, that I have great value.

Comments