You’ll never know unless you try

I started putting our gazebo together this evening after getting the little pool set up! 

It was a beautiful night to be outside. I got 3/4 of the outside frame together, i read the directions and everything!

So i was out there praying (chatting with God) about a lot of stuff. I was thinking about how most of my life i didn’t put things together or do projects because people told me i couldn’t and when i tried they laughed at me. I laughed too
Because i thought it would hurt my feelings less.

I’ve never been good at that stuff because i don’t like it and i don’t like it because no one ever showed me how to be successful at it. Who wants to do things you suck at?!?

I think the older i get the more relaxed i am and i don’t care if i make a mistake because I’ll learn from it. 

I was thinking about my friend drew who teaches his girls how to do everything that would be considered “mans work” and their momma Amanda teaches them things that would be considered “women’s work” and how well rounded they are. There’s no stereotypes in that household. Heroes i tell ya!

I was thinking of oscar and Michelle’s sweet Charlie and how i was going to ask Oscar to promise me he’d teach her how to use power tools. And how I’d bring Dallas and Memphis over and teach them to make jam or cupcakes or something ❤️ (of course Charlie can come too).


I think the key to success is learning what you love (and what you don’t). You’ll never know unless you try ❤️

Comments