Looking back, looking ahead

When I bought my Equinox it didn't have a CD player, so I got rid of all my CDs.  Except for Chad Dohring's, and I THOUGHT the two Alive Band CDs.  I now have a vehicle (Toyota Rav4) that has a CD player. I was so happy because I could listen to the old school Alive Band. 

I opened the case only to find a different CD.  GASP!  I sent out some texts trying to find someone who had copies... no luck.  what the heck?!?

Something lead me to one box in the basement, and there was the CD.  What in the world!?!

I put it in this morning and a million feelings rushed back with a million memories.  To hear the sweet voices of my kids talk about their faith or where God found them.  To hear sweet Isaac's voice a few more times.  It's a gift.

I've been overwhelmed with the feeling of doing more with my new kids.  And I've been praying about it.  As I look back I feel like it's time to move forward, establish relationships, love deeper.  It takes time to build trust.

I've got a couple days open in my schedule and maybe God doesn't want me to fill it with tasks but with fierce love.

As I look back I think about how God has blessed me with the best life.  And how I can't wait to see what is ahead.

My kids.  They will never in a gazillion years know how much I love them and how much they mean to me. 

Comments