School supplies!

Today my employer announced they are collecting school supplies for the Detroit YMCA.   I, of course, offered to do the shopping for school supplies.  PEOPLE!  it makes me so happy to buy school supplies for kids who need them!

SOOOOO FREAKING HAPPY! 

When my daughter was young, this was a huge stressor for me because we just didn't have lots of extra money and it was a lot of money to buy all the stuff.  Now, I've got it down to about $12 per back pack and it's a good start for the school year for a child.  I think of the relief it must bring to the mommas and the daddies and the grammas and the grampas who raise children and want them to get a good education.

Isn't it crazy how God uses that hard time in my life to help others?

Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

In the hard times of my life, I remember this verse. 

It doesn't same some things, it says ALL things.  And I remember that, the hardest times lead to the great results if we let it.  And I try.

So here's ALL the things, and the good that will come of them!

Comments

Trish said…
I love you sweet girl. Keep touching the lives of those babies!