Dirty Girl

The amount of stress has been crazy.  I knew I had to do something.

Last night I was driving home from voting and people were working in their well manicured lawns.  I live in a beautiful neighborhood.  Our yard has seen better days (and worse for that matter), it's August and we've gotten lots of rain and it's been hot so the weeds are growing like mad!  One thing I can't understand... why does grass grow where I don't want it to but does not grow in my lawn???  Killing me.

As I was driving I decided that I would clean up the flower beds.  3 yard waste bags.  Now they weren't completely full, but there was a lot of weeds.   It felt good to clean them up.

In a time of my life that nothing seems to be settled, it seemed really great to do something and see a completed result.

There is one thing I know, that when things get a little crazy, getting dirty, pulling weeds, planting flowers, it makes my heart settle.  I miss not having a garden where my hands could plant veggie plants or seeds and take care of them and see the fruit of that beautiful labor.  I guess there is always Blocks :)

I was a sweaty mess last night, along with a whole bunch of dirt.  Always reminds me that if I want the life I want, I've got to clean up the crazy weeds in my life, and even for just a minute, look at the beauty of the clean up.

I'll be looking for other areas that need clean up in my life, it's worth the dirty to accomplish what i want!

Also i ordered Milk thistle for flutterbies 🦋🦋and Borage for 🐝 bees!



Comments