Visiting

I thought I was going up north this weekend. But plans changed. Because they always do.

I came to see the Dorband‘s for just a couple days. I can tell you the sound of auntie Margie followed by the biggest smiles. Fills my heart with joy. I don’t come just to see the boys I also come to see Adam and Katie.

When they moved to Caledonia I joked and said make sure there is a room for me. 😂

And on One of my first trips to Colorado I bought all full size toiletries. I knew I would be coming back many times. When they moved back I assumed Katie would throw it all away.It’s not like I can’t fit toiletries in my car now when I come to visit. Lo and behold all my toiletries made it to Caledonia. Makes a girl feel loved, ya know.  It’s a silly thing to have someone believe you when you say things. It takes trust and follow through. Sometimes it takes love and sacrifice. I loved going to Colorado but it was a sacrifice of time and money, but it didn’t seem like it. I got to see the boys grow before my eyes. We established things like snuggle mornings and going to the movies and I always say "did you hug me today?" and they would say yes because I always hug them and I would say "i don’t remember" and we would both smile and I’d get another hug. I would say I have lots of hugs to make up for since I haven’t seen you in so long.

This morning in Caledonia I did what I always did in Colorado. I get up and go for a quiet walk just a short one. A couple miles. Breathe in God’s grace and remember how much he loves me.

So many people come in and out of our lives. Sometimes that’s the way it is planned. But sometimes it is up to us to make the effort, to make the sacrifice and to love with our hearts wide open.

I can’t imagine life without the Dorband. I can’t imagine life without Katie‘s listening ear and her joyous laugh. Adams crazy quest after kids, his love to always be his best and to lead others the same. I can’t imagine life without the boys, their big smiles, they’re great hugs, and hearing "auntie Margie" all the time. I can’t imagine life without grace upon grace and love upon love.

God is good to me.

I am thankful.

Comments