Don’t feel sorry for me

Don’t ever be sad for me because I’m single. Sure I’d love to marry my best friend, go on adventures, someone to share my days with. But don’t feel sorry for me because i don’t.

I have a great life. It’s full of love, hope, grace, AND adventure. It’s not "conventional" but my life never had been. Raised by a single father, raised a beautiful girl. Fought my way through corporate America, love and serve Jesus. I have community gardens, work with people to put in parks across the street from schools in Detroit. I sell T-shirt’s to make sure kids get water bottles to drink clean water. I buy school supplies by the dozen. 

I loved this meme


I see the looks i get when people ask me if i am dating anyone. No. But don’t feel sorry for me, I’m not waiting for mr. Right. I want Mr. Right for me. The one God chose. And he’ll come or he won’t but i ain’t sitting around waiting. 

I don’t want someone who thinks i should take care of him, i want someone i can love and can love me, however that looks for me.

Comments