Is there enough? Owning who I am.

If you've ever been at an event I've planned you've heard me say it 100 times (or more)

A few months ago one guy in our office said to another guy "ask Margie to order lunch she's good at it".

Ohmyword.  I was so offended.  It went something like this "just because I'm a woman, why do I have to order the lunch, I mean, a guy can do it"  blah blah

but it was so dumb because I LOVE ORDERING LUNCH and Bagels, and snacks and organizing all of it.  I know who can't have nuts, who is a vegetarian, who is gfree...  seriously... 

You know what I think?  Well I'm gonna tell you.

I think this small insecure part of me decided to rear her ugly head and the part of me who knows who I am forgot to shut her up.

Today, I ordered lunch, set up drinks a
nd snacks, picked up the pizza, salad, and breadsticks,  arranged it all, put out cookies... 

And it felt good. Because even though I'm a Sales Manager, a title I worked hard for, I am a feeder, a giver, and a care taker. 

Should I be offended? I don't know.  But I'm not.  I'd be more mad if they didn't ask me, and that's the truth.

I am studying God and who He is, and finding out more about me in the process, and who He made me, and I'm loving it.  Wait till October when I share it all with you. 

Comments