Its not a lot really

I have too much stuff. Talking to a friend the other day and talking about how we just have too much stuff and then i was thinking about how much we moved into this house and how much i actually got rid of before we moved.
I also have another friend who is always challenging me... less waste, less plastic, recycle, reuse, declutter. So i decided 30 days 30 items. One thing a day. Since my life is a little unpredictable lately I straightened up and got ahead of the game just in case. Technically I’ve already gotten rid of about 30 things but when i sold the chair cushions i counted it as one. A bag of clothes with 12 items i counted as one and i didn’t count the 3 items i threw away. And i don’t count the pile i started before i challenged myself to this...
Here’s my list
1. Humidifier
2. Cushions (4)
3. Tray
4. Tray
5. Essential oil case
6. Kayak
7. Slide
8. Plates (12)
9. Beatles book
10. Spider-Man movie
11. Picture
12. Bag of clothes (12 things)
13. Signs (2)
Ive got to continue to challenge myself to let go of the things i struggle with. Stuff is one of those things because i did without for a long time.
For some holding on to things is good, for me, it’s almost like saying i don’t trust God to provide if i really needed that stuff (which i don’t) it’s also greed and frivolousness (poor stewardship) to keep it.
Working on my heart ❤️

Comments