Tell them 

Yesterday i sat with a bunch of beautiful ladies and at one point, i stood up and told one of the ladies how much i admired her.  And i thought "how come she doesn’t know i think she’s the greatest? How come she doesn’t know she’s a hero to me and when i grow up i want to be just like her ?" 

I talk about her all the time. 

But then i wondered, do i actually tell her? 

💩

I don’t think i do.

Often, i wonder how people think of me? Well, i don’t always have to wonder because they tell me, all the bad stuff. So i fight my own crushing terrible self image and theirs. It does make me want to be better. It makes me strive to show the world the good that’s in my heart. It’s almost made it impossible for me to accept a compliment unless it’s from someone i really trust. 

I seem to take for granted the people who show up in my life, the ones who i trust. I seem to think they know how i feel about them even though i don’t say a word. Actions speak louder than words, right? 

Not always. 

Words communicate how we feel. We need word, sometimes in those moments when we are getting beat up, we need to remember the words that people have spoken to combat negativity. What if all people heard were the crabby things people said about them? Ick.

So my charge to myself is to tell people i love, what i love about them. What i admire. Because i can’t leave speaking life into someone to someone who won’t actually do it.

Life is hard. Let’s breathe life and love into others. 

The picture above is my friend crystal. She’s beautiful and funny. She loves people grander than just about anyone i know. She’s encouraging and you can trust her to tell you the truth. She’s grace giving and hard working. She lives a life worthy of the calling on her life. She’s a hero. An unsung, often taken for granted hero (aren’t most of them). I’m thankful to know her and if you know her, i know you’re thankful too. She’s the real deal. 

Comments