Day 2 God is Jehovah

What does that even mean?

Jehovah

It's confusing, right?  We hear about Jehovah's witnesses but what does the word Jehovah mean?  I think that sometimes all these fancy words, it makes loving God harder. Are we supposed to use words not use those words.  Personally, I love learning so this is fun for me, but some days I am trying to just love Jesus and love people.  Other than that, I am spent.

Jehovah is just the Hebrew word for God

The study called out Exodus 3:13-15

13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.”[a] And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The Lord,[b] the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

I love this verse but sometimes it reminds me of Popeye.  "I am what I am and that's all that I am"

To me when God says I am who I am.  I think there's so explanation to all that He is.  He's my provider, my Father, my Friend, He is love, He brings hope, He is faithful, He is peace, joy, hope.  He's so many things to me, always on time with just what I need. 

He is good. I think we don't need to know the big fancy words, we just need to look to Him to see all that He is.  I am excited to get going to discover more of who He is.

Comments