Day 4 God is Omnipotent

Jeremiah 32:17-18 (ESV)
17 ‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. 18 You show steadfast love to thousands, but you repay the guilt of fathers to their children after them, O great and mighty God, whose name is the Lord of hosts,
 
Jeremiah 32:26-27  (ESV)
26 The word of the Lord came to Jeremiah: 27 “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?


Do you wonder what the heck does omnipotent mean?  Yeah. That's the good thing about doing a study, you learn things :)

Omnipotent:  having unlimited power; able to do anything.

I'm thankful for God who can do anything because I'm pretty sure if He weren't a powerful God, I'd be an all day job for Him, just busting me out of my messes. 

But not just that, He makes the best things out of good things.  A few years ago I dreamt of a park for kids where weeds and a burnt out building stood.  I'd close my eyes and dream, and hope and imagine the sound of laughter.  A few months ago, we dedicated the park to a beautiful little girl.  That day was more than I could have ever imagined. The day was filled with children playing, learning how to build a gaga pit to play in.  The days of teaching students how to take surveys, and collect data, the hours of meetings and learning and working together with some of the best people I've ever met in my life.  It was a dream come true, only better. 

I prayed over that lot, friends prayed, and the power of God, His grace, His love, His provision, and His power made it happen.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite verses... I think of Pastor Clark from Grace Centers of Hope whenever I hear it...

Eph 3:20-21 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

The power within us, its Him. He can do more than we ask, we think, FAR MORE ABUNDANTLY...  how much is that?!?

He's got the power. I'm thankful






Comments